How do we live the easy life?
1. Stop ourselves when we notice that we're striving or grasping for more. It's all about balance.
2. Know ourselves - what we value, what we feel passionate about, what we want and what we don't want. Self-awareness takes making life choices to a whole new level.
3. Embrace every opportunity to have a good laugh. Place laughing at ourselves into the mix.
4. Make the time to be in the silence of solitude. Time with ourselves naturally empties the mind.
5. Carefully select what issues we raise with those who surround us - harmony on the outside supports harmony on the inside.
6. Know that we don't have to talk a lot to communicate. Sit back. Listen. Rest into a conversation.
7. Breathe. Do our best to be present for each moment of our lives.
8. When good things happen, notice and celebrate.
9. Through the tough times, tell ourselves: "This too shall pass" or "It is what it is". Both work like charms.
10. Stay in our own business. Trying to control or fix other people's business is like going upstream on a river. The easy life is all about going downstream.
I am worthy of the easy life. I set the intention to live with ease.
© 2009 Jeannie Campanelli, Inner Confidence Coaching. All Rights Reserved.
If you would like to use this article, written by Jeannie Campanelli, on your website or in your own e-newsletter, you MUST include the following:
Jeannie Campanelli, Ed.D, CPCC, partners with naturally-giving men and women who often put other people’s needs in front of their own. As a consequence, they are not connected to themselves. Jeannie offers a free e-newsletter titled “Notes on Claiming Your Life as Your Own” to support you in feeling the serenity, vitality and wholeness that comes from inner confidence. When you subscribe, you will receive a free guided visualization to support you in this journey home to yourself. Visit www.innerconfidencecoaching.com.