The way we deal with money says a lot about how we operate in the arena of claiming our lives as our own.
Take a moment to reflect about how the above statement applies to you. To assist you, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I give away/spend on others more than I can afford?
- What part of me gives to others? The pleaser? The rescuer? The manipulator? The competitor?
- Is it easier to spend my money giving to others than addressing my own needs?
- Is it difficult for me to say no to a loved one who needs my money, even when my heart really does not want to say yes?
- Am I into fairness? As soon as someone is generous with me, do I feel compelled to return their generosity or even outshine them?
- Am I low on the top of the list of those who benefit from the money that I make?
- Do I have my own bank account, an account where I call the shots?
- Do I have a plan for spending my money that sets clear boundaries - listening to my own integrity instead of anyone/everyone else's?
- How do I use my money to take care of what I need - first and foremost?
- What are MY top priorities in terms of spending money?
Because of old conditioning, I notice that it is vital for me to have clear boundaries regarding how much of my money I give away under the guise of fairness. When I create a plan that works for me, depending on the situation, I put into balance the 'giving and receiving' component of money. I listen to what feels right for me so that my words, actions, feelings and energy/body sensations line up, AND there are no doubts.
Taking the time to create a plan that has me live in financial integrity is a gift that I give myself. I take charge of MY money as I understand that money is an exchange of energy. I listen to my heart and body when my giving is out of sync with what feels right to me. It is okay for me to own my power in the arena of money/energy.
Jeannie Campanelli, Ed.D, CPCC, is deeply committed to sparking the hearts of women and men to experience an inner confidence - that sense of wholeness, aliveness, and serenity that comes from deeply knowing yourself, fully accepting the lightness and darkness of being human, and living freely by standing in your own truth.
In her coaching practice, Jeannie leads groups and works one-on-one with an international clientele.To find out more about Jeannie, please visit her websites, www.innerconfidencecoaching.com and www.coachingcircles.ca
Take action by setting up a complimentary consultation today.
© 2009 Jeannie Campanelli, Inner Confidence Coaching. All Rights Reserved.
If you would like to use this article, written by Jeannie Campanelli, on your website or in your own e-newsletter, you MUST include the following:
Jeannie Campanelli, Ed.D, CPCC, partners with naturally-giving men and women who often put other people’s needs in front of their own. As a consequence, they are not connected to themselves. Jeannie offers a free e-newsletter titled “Notes on Claiming Your Life as Your Own” to support you in feeling the serenity, vitality and wholeness that comes from inner confidence. When you subscribe, you will receive a free guided visualization to support you in this journey home to yourself. Visit www.innerconfidencecoaching.com.