What is the 'gold' for you? What is a currency that speaks to a deeper part of yourself? When you get in touch with your heart, what do you really, really want in Life?
Take a moment to allow the 'gold' that you are seeking to come to the surface.You may discover that a new car, a new house or even a new mate is outside of what your heart yearns for in this quiet place. Now take a moment to imagine yourself living that 'gold'. What would be the symptoms?
When reading Sara Susanka's The Not So Big Life (2008), she quotes an anonymous friend who came up with a list, The Symptoms of Inner Peace. My friend/colleague, Thea Sheldon, reminded me of this wonderful list that I now share with you as it fits my heart's true yearning.
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than act in response to fears based on past experiences
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
- A loss of interest in judging other people
- A loss of interest in judging oneself
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
- A loss of interest in conflict
- A loss of ability to worry (a very serious symptom)
- Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and with nature
- Frequent attacks of smiling
- An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen
- An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it
Again, what are the symptoms of what YOU really want? It's important to know. From this place of knowing, you open to possibility. You shift your orientation from victim to creator. You have a vision. Now you can focus on the baby steps toward that vision - one act at a time.
I love myself unconditionally. I open my heart to feel its yearning. I listen. I am present to myself.
© 2009 Jeannie Campanelli, Inner Confidence Coaching. All Rights Reserved.
If you would like to use this article, written by Jeannie Campanelli, on your website or in your own e-newsletter, you MUST include the following:
Jeannie Campanelli, Ed.D, CPCC, partners with naturally-giving men and women who often put other people's needs in front of their own. As a consequence, they are not connected to themselves. Jeannie offers a free e-newsletter titled Claiming Your Life as Your Own: knowing, loving and being yourself. When you subscribe, you will receive a free guided visualization to support you in your journey. Visit www.innerconfidencecoaching.com.